Tuesday, August 28, 2007

ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS / Cover Art

I'm off to Japan and Worldcon in less than 24 hours. Apparently, Random House and Amazon have both posted solicitations for Del Rey's forthcoming trade paperback release of ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS by the legendary Michael Moorcock. If you click their cover, it doesn't yet show a larger version of the new cover. I'm already seeing some cyber-buzz about the impending release of this book, so I thought I'd finally give everyone a look at the final art, sans final typography. When I receive a jpeg of the final cover layout from Del Rey, I'll post it here as well. ELRIC: THE STEALER OF SOULS will be volume 1 of a series and will contain lots of b/w illustrations by me. Forthcoming February 2008. Enjoy! More when I return....

9 Comments:

Blogger Lou Anders said...

Man, I love this.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That rocks!

10:22 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hey, Lou and John -- Thanks very much. Glad you guys like it. Off to Japan in about 14 hours. I'll be debuting 4 original interior drawings from this book over there. I'll likely blog about at least a couple of them when I get back home....

2:14 PM  
Blogger RobB said...

John,

This is absolutely stunning. Wow. Even though I have the white wolf edition, I will be getting this when it publishes.

Stunning

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man. The more of these you do, the more Elric is looking like an appealing thing to read. :D

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who follows you around who hasn't yet. ;)

1:30 AM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Hi, Robb....hi, Ryan --

Off to Japan in a short while....just wanted to say thanks very much for the kind words. Ryan -- don't feel bad. A lot of my friends read the Elric books as teenagers, but I came to them much later in life. Never too late to start. ;)

More when I get back...

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man your work is awsome...but it is being used...wanted to show you...

http://userimages01.imvu.com/productdata/stickers_2054f6df5a7883b705a3b315b9557216.jpg

Here is email of the sight it is being hosted on. DMCA@imvu.com users name is Developer: DarkLadySeduction
just letting you know.

9:05 PM  
Blogger John Picacio said...

Thanks. Really kind of you to let me know. I'll look into this.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love my name!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home